Wednesday, June 3, 2009












It's not trick photography--well, maybe just a little. The hosta leaves aren't as large as the three-foot wide fountain, even though they might look that way on this photo, but they are well over a foot wide, wrinkly and wonderful. The azaleas (orange, above the fountain)--not so wonderful this year. I don't know if I failed to fertilize them at the right time, or if the poor bloom is just the result of a cold winter. I suspect that I should be thankful to have them in bloom at all, since I've seen many azaleas in distress this year, including some that have died out completely. Small bloom or large, they still light up the woods like neon. The hosta relies on its quiet strength to get attention--and tries to be in the foreground of every picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment