Tuesday, June 23, 2009



Some things we grow in the garden have leaves. Some have wings.
Some have legs. While I have been dawdling in the house because it is 90+ degrees outside, others have been busy. This spider placed its web dead center in the path/driveway that leads to the garden. When I came waltzing along with my laptop early this morning, headed for the pergola and a little quiet writing time, I nearly walked into the web. It was suspended across the 8' wide path by two almost-invisible strands, as if it were hanging from a tightrope between the shade garden on the left and the woods on the right. I suspect the spider, like me, loves the view from this particular spot. Despite my lack of favor for all things creepy and crawly, I let the web stay. Natural causes will have their way, but for today, I prefer not to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment